Learning from Home – Summer Term
All children will continue to receive a weekly email from their class teacher with English, Maths and Topic learning activities for them to complete along with daily reading and maths skills practise. You can also find these files on the Year group pages on the left of this page.
Paper copies are available from the school office every Monday between 11.30 and 2.30.
If you have any questions you can contact Mrs Pieniek-Jones at email@example.com
To compliment the activities set by your child’s teacher here is a list of websites which can also support their learning:
- BusyThings – A range of activities and games to support all subjects. Your child’s teacher has assigned specific work that your child can complete also.
- j2e – This website has several different programmes for you child to complete learning activities. When they have saved their files they can share it with their teacher by using the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholastics Reading Pro – Several fiction and non-fiction books to read on any device. Your child will be assigned books to read by their teacher.
- Sumdog – Activities and games to deliberately practise Maths skills and spellings. Your child’s teacher has assigned activities specifically for their class to complete and can track their progress.
- White Rose Homelearning – Daily 20/30 Maths lessons as a video and accompanying question sheets following the scheme and calculation policy we use at school. It also has the answers!
- Ruth Miskin YouTube channel – Daily phonics videos for your child to watch following the phonics scheme we use at school.
- BBC Bitesize Daily – Daily 20/30 minute TV shows which include learning in English and Maths. You can also access in on BBC iPlayer.
- PE with Joe Wicks – Daily PE lessons which can be done in your living room or bedroom.
Click on the picture below to download a copy of this book.
Curriculum Intent Statement
At Falconbrook School we deliver a curriculum which is led by experiences and driven by skills. We provide our children with an engaging and purposeful curriculum which is underpinned by our school values and supported by our learning behaviours. The curriculum celebrates the diversity, knowledge and cultural wealth of the Falconbrook community while providing opportunities to broaden the children’s horizons creating confident, well-rounded and independent thinkers.
The Year overviews show the topics taught across the year. They are Science, History or Geography based and all learning, where possible, is linked to the topic.
The children use Knowledge Organisers to support their learning both in school and at home. Knowledge Organisers are written for each year group and for every topic.
New Knowledge Organisers will be uploaded as each topic is taught.
Curriculum Framework 2019 – 2020
If you would like further information about Falconbrook School’s Curriculum please contact the
Head Teacher on 020 7228 7706.