January 2021 National Lockdown / Partial Opening Risk Assessment & School Opening Plan
Falconbrook Primary School has a comprehensive risk assessment for re-opening which follows DfE and National Guidance. This is constantly under review and updated regularly./
This Risk Assessment includes;
DfE essential measures:
- Requirement that people who are ill stay at home; including those needing to self-isolate
- CEV staff members remain at home
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- Enhanced cleaning arrangements
- Ensure ventilation
- Quality remote learning to be in place & accessible for all children
- Vulnerable children & children of KW able to attend on-site as possible.
Falconbrook school opening and RA principles:
- To maintain the safety and well-being of children, their families and Falconbrook staff.
- To support all pupils (including SEND) to access quality remote learning
- To maintain regular contact with all families and in doing so provide 1:1 feedback and support for learning and identification of any well-being concerns.
- Provide bespoke additional support where need is identified (inc usual safeguarding procedures)
- To maintain the integrity of the school and in doing so, maintain the confidence of our families and school/ staff community
Children and learning:
- Remote learning to meet DfE requirements.
- Remote learning to reflect the ethos, approach and expectations for learning already in place at Falconbrook.
- Regular 1:1 communication between teachers and children / parents to ensure work is accessed and completed each day and that feedback on learning is provided.
Evaluation and review:
- All staff are encouraged to share their views of this RA, concerns and suggested amendments with HT (via teams) at the earliest opportunity.
- Adjustments may be made in accordance with government / DfE guidance and in line with advice.
- Swifter adjustments may be made in response to the needs of individuals and / or specific unforeseen situations.