At Falconbrook School safeguarding the well-being of all of our children is of paramount importance. If you have any concerns regarding any child’s wellbeing then you have a duty to report this immediately to the appropriate staff.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Mrs S Tugwell, SENCO
Mrs K Anthony, Business Manager
Ms A Mensah, Attendance Officer
Mrs J Osbourne, HLTA
Ms S Marlow, Mentor
Falconbrook Primary School Safeguarding Principles
- At Falconbrook we are committed to safeguarding the wellbeing of all of our children. We expect all staff (permanent, temporary, agency or peripatetic); external professionals, volunteers and governors to adhere to the following principles:
- The well-being of the child always comes first.
- The safety and wellbeing of our pupils is paramount and we take their views seriously.
- All staff should know the name of the Senior Designated Person (SDP) for child protection, and be familiar with the school’s procedures for reporting concerns and understand their responsibilities to safeguard and protect children and young people.
- If parents or carer raise concerns they will be listened to and responded to promptly.
- Adults who work with children are responsible for their own actions and behaviour and should avoid any conduct which would lead any reasonable person to question their motivation and intentions.
- Adults should work, and be seen to work, in an open and transparent way.
- The same professional standards should be applied regardless of culture, disability, gender, sexual orientation, language, racial origin, religious belief and / or identity.
- Adults should continually monitor and review their practice and ensure that they follow the guidance contained in the relevant school policies, documents and procedures.
- Staff should discuss and / or take advice promptly from their line manager or other senior member of staff over any incident which may give rise to concern.
- Records should be made of any such incident; decisions made and agreed further action taken, in accordance with schools policies.
- Staff should be aware that breaches of the law and other professional guidelines could result in criminal or disciplinary action being taken against them.
- All members of Falconbrook School staff team should be mindful that it could happen here.
Links to Safeguarding Documents
Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Keeping Children Safe in Education
Online Safety Policy